Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Habanero Soup

8.23.10:

Habanero Carrot Soup

I have been on the lookout for a spicy soup recipe ever since our trip to the Outer Banks in the fall of 2007.  We ate at Chilli Pepper's (MP 5.5 on the bypass) on a whim.  They had a menu that (at least at that time) specialized in spicy foods and fresh seafood.  Yes, and yes please.  Aside from the best swordfish either of us has ever had,  I also had an outstanding habanero soup.  

I'm not going to post the recipe for this one since I found my reproduction disappointing.  Interesting flavor combinations (leeks, carrots, sweet potato, habanero, coriander) but a little bit bland(!).   Other reviewers noted that it was too spicy as is - so I foolishly believed them,  made it as instructed, and was disappointed.   Should have chopped up the whole habanero and included it.   For me, the rest of the flavors were just not outstanding enough to try a second time, but here's the link for anyone who's interested:

No comments:

Post a Comment